Featured Post

Whole Wheat and Oatmeal Pancakes

I make these on a regular basis, because my kids like pancakes, and I like to make them- especially when I can make them healthy! So, try th...

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Yummy Kale Chips

My new favorite chip- yes, chip!
Okay, these aren't made from bread or potatoes, and they are a little difficult to dip or scoop salsa or dip, but they are crunchy, and oh so yummy! And, for the price of a bag of processed, unhealthy chips, you can buy a bunch of kale and make chips that even your husband will eat (isn't that even more of a feat than your children?) Sam eats these with me!

What you need:
1 bunch organic Kale (green or red, it doesn't matter)
1 T. coconut oil (warmed), or safflower oil
2 T. apple cider vinegar
2 T. (or more) grated Parmesan cheese
Pinch of salt
fresh ground pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350.
Remove all kale leaves from the stems, and tear into chip-size pieces. Rinse Kale well, and dry as thoroughly as possible. Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl, and set aside. Place kale in a large bowl. Combine oil and vinegar, and drizzle over kale. Toss with hands until well coated. sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss again. Finally, toss with parmesan cheese until coated. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until slightly crispy.
Beware! You can eat all of these in ONE sitting! :-)

3 comments:

elizabeth said...

Ok I really want to try these, I see the recipe a lot. Thanks for this blog, I have fallen off the healthy lifestyle wagon and need to get back on!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to hear from you Liz! And, we would love to come and visit, or have you come and visit. I still think about our many nutrition conversations, so don't be too hard on yourself. I'm sure you haven't strayed too far. :-)

Chanko said...

I'm curious enough I just might try it....I'm sure you've told me but where can you get coconut oil again?