Featured Post

Whole Wheat and Oatmeal Pancakes

I make these on a regular basis, because my kids like pancakes, and I like to make them- especially when I can make them healthy! So, try th...

Friday, December 3, 2010

Whole Wheat and Oatmeal Pancakes

I make these on a regular basis, because my kids like pancakes, and I like to make them- especially when I can make them healthy! So, try them and see how you like them; the leftovers freeze great!
Start with:

1 c. whole wheat flour
1/2c. oats, ground in a food processor or blender
1/2 t. baking soda
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1 t. cinnamon
pinch of salt


Combine dry ingredients. In a separate bowl combine:

1/2 c. greek or plain, non-fat yogurt (kefir works too!)
1 c. lowfat milk (if you have it, combine 1/2 c. buttermilk and 1/2. lowfat milk!)
1 egg
1/2 banana, mashed
1 t. vanilla
1 T. honey

Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well. You may need to add a little water to reach desired consistency, as they are initially a little thick. Add fresh or frozen fruit, or even chocolate chips, then cook 1/3 c. per pancake on griddle or large pan. Allow to cool completely before you freeze them. Enjoy!

No comments: