Featured Post

Whole Wheat and Oatmeal Pancakes

I make these on a regular basis, because my kids like pancakes, and I like to make them- especially when I can make them healthy! So, try th...

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Party On! Spinach Artichoke Dip- with white beans!

I wanted to make a spinach artichoke dip for Christmas day since we were going to a friend's house for dinner, but my friend has a very restrictive diet, and I couldn't bear to make a dip with store-bought mayonnaise; so I re-vamped a recipe, and I am happy to say that it was a WICKED hit with my kids, and husband. So, I thought I would share it with you, just in time for 2014:

Spinach Artichoke Dip with White Beans
2 cloves garlic
1/2- 3/4tsp. salt
3 C. white beans, cooked
4 c. spinach, washed
1 can Artichoke hearts, in water
1/4-1/3 c. cream cheese
1/2 c. parmesan cheese Olive oil, and water for consistency and taste

Soak and cook beans according to package directions. Add garlic and salt to food processor, and process until minced. Add spinach and process again until chopped small. Add beans, artichokes, and a few drizzles of olive oil, and process until ingredients are combined. If needed, add some water until you reach a creamy consistency. Now for the secret ingredient: add cream cheese, and parmesan cheese until combined. Taste... enjoy! Add more salt if needed; but not too much! Tell me what you think! (I'm sorry, I would have posted pictures, but my computer was being stupid!)

No comments: