Featured Post

Whole Wheat and Oatmeal Pancakes

I make these on a regular basis, because my kids like pancakes, and I like to make them- especially when I can make them healthy! So, try th...

Monday, April 15, 2013

Black Eyed Pea Dip/ Salad

I found this recipe, which calls for it to be used more as a salsa-like dip, but I turned it into a salad- and it's fantastic! Use it however you wish. I hope you enjoy it too!

                                                         Black Eyed Pea Dip/ Salad

Ingredients:
1 c. black eyed peas
2 small avocados, diced
2 roma or vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
1 small green pepper, diced
1/2 sweet onion, grated

dressing:
1 Tbsp. olive oil
3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
2 tsp. honey
1/2 tsp. salt
pepper to taste

Place peas in a glass jar, and soak in water, 8-12 hours, or overnight. Drain, rinse, and allow them to sit for another 8-12 hours. Rinse, drain. Another few hours and you will begin to see the peas growing sprouts. Rinse them again, place in your crockpot or large pot with water, and cook- 6-8 hours in crockpot, or 1 1/2 hours on your stovetop.

Add all ingredients to bowl, toss, and chill for about 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!

No comments: