Featured Post

Whole Wheat and Oatmeal Pancakes

I make these on a regular basis, because my kids like pancakes, and I like to make them- especially when I can make them healthy! So, try th...

Monday, May 2, 2011

Power Fruit Smoothie

It's been forever since I have posted something, but we loving New York City, and are enjoying the creative ways to cook here.
We bought some bananas and a mango while walking home one day, and decided to make a smoothie. Who knew it would be SO DELICIOUS! It was as if I was suddenly on a tropical island, and I enjoyed every moment of it! :-) So, in hopes of you getting to spend a moment on a tropical island and enjoy life, I'm sharing our creation with you now-
Ingredients:
1 Mango, peeled and cut off from pith
1 banana, peeled
1 apple, peeled and de-cored
1 cup non-fat, plain yogurt- I used greek yogurt
1/4c. coconut milk
ice or water to desired consistency

Combine all ingredients in blender, leaving ice for the last. Blend until smooth, adding water until desired consistency. Then add ice and blend until no large ice chunks remain. Share this with someone, and enjoy!

No comments: