Featured Post

Whole Wheat and Oatmeal Pancakes

I make these on a regular basis, because my kids like pancakes, and I like to make them- especially when I can make them healthy! So, try th...

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Silky Sweet Potato Puree

You may think this is only baby food, but everyone I served it to, baby thru adults, gobbled up their firsts and seconds with requests for more. Don't be shy about how many sweet potatoes you do--they shrink a bit. We also sprinkled brown sugar (maybe 1 tsp. each 1/3 cup helping) on top and I added cinnamon to the puree. I didn't have buttermilk on hand so just used our 2% milk, but after what Amy has said about buttermilk I need to make sure I have some on hand next time I try it!

3 pounds while sweet potatoes, pricked with a fork
1/2 tsp. salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup whole milk
3 Tbsp. butter

Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position; heat to 425 degrees. Place potatoes on a foil-lined pan; bake 45-60 minutes, until tender. Peel when cool enough to handle. Puree with salt and pepper in a food processor (I used a blender). With motor running gradually add milks through feeder tube, then butter. Process until silken. Enjoy!

No comments: