Featured Post

Whole Wheat and Oatmeal Pancakes

I make these on a regular basis, because my kids like pancakes, and I like to make them- especially when I can make them healthy! So, try th...

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Quinoa Pilaf

1 Tbsp. coconut oil
1/2c. chopped onion
2 carrots, chopped
1/2c. celery, chopped
1c. quinoa, rinsed
2c. vegetable broth
2/3c. chopped walnuts
1/4c. chopped fresh parsley (I've also used cilantro)

Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion for 5 minutes, or until translucent. Add carrot and celery, and saute for 5 more minutes. Stir in quinoa and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer, cover and cook 15 minutes, or until quinoa is tender and fluffy. In a bowl, toss quinoa together with walnuts and parsley. Serve hot or at room temperature.
I have often served this as a side dish, or add chicken or shrimp and serve as a meal! Enjoy!

No comments: